|View from the spare room. Window needs cleaned!|
We finally finished the roof over the new deck this winter. I took the picture today which was the inspiration for this post. I haven't done much in the way of home renovations over the past few months. I think the only thing I did, other than the roof, was add on to the walls of the raised garden beds. One more level to go and they will be to my desired height.
|View out the kitchen door. Deck roof is finally done. Look at all those plants on the living roof! And those potted plants...my herbs that over-wintered! Catnip, thyme, parsley, and out of the shot: chives.|
|The bike has been removed and the hive box put back on the hive since this photo.|
Plans for the next four to six weeks:
- Plant my cabbage and other leafy vegetables on the living roof.
- Plant the peas in the hanging baskets in the garden
- Obtain and plant Sweet Alyssum around the cherry trees
- Get a yard of garden dirt in from the local composting place around the corner and start loading up the raised beds with it
- Get some planters/buckets ready for my hanging tomato plants